Before efforts are begun toward commercialization of a technology, a commercialization plan must be created to communicate intentions and goals, and to serve as a benchmark against which all marketing and development decisions are measured.
With years of experience in helping federal agencies commercialize their technologies, the NTTC offers NASA SBIR companies the same assistance in creating a commercialization plan that will clearly and concisely lay out the intended accomplishments.
NASA requires that information on the following topics be included in a commercialization plan:
- anticipated investment of capital and other resources
- company’s capabilities, including its manufacturing, marketing, financial and technical resources
- timeline of key steps required to achieve practical application of the technology
- technology’s potential fields of use
- geographic areas intended for technology’s manufacture and sale